Here’s a video update on where I am with my Drum-machine project. In the past few months I’ve implemented a fair few new features and sorted out some long standing bugs.
- A new menu mode using the joystick to navigate.
- Added control over the LCD Backlight.
- Added a simple Reverb mode.
- New LCD driver code to render graphics to a buffer and squirt it out to the LCD via 9bit SPI.
- Includes a basic graphics library with some widgets to make creating screens easier.
- Fixed an odd issue with LED’s flashing out of sequence. I had my MAX6957 ports all out or order.
- Added RUN LED flashing to every 4th beat.
- Implemented loading and saving to one of 16 JSON files on the SD card.
- Added a Tuning mode to allow you to individually set the volume and adjust the playback rate of each instrument/sample.